Making the best use of your time should be the goal of every home inspector who wants to be successful in the business.
Effective time management allows you to accomplish more, have satisfied customers and a well run business.
But if you’re struggling with managing everything you have to deal with, try this strategy!
The Strategy Is Called Chunking.
Chunking refers to completing similar types of work all at the same time.
You can implement this into your business in several ways…
* Make a running list of calls to return. Set aside a block of time dedicated to accomplishing this.
Working in time chunks also help you to better focus and concentrate, as you are working in one process and system of thought rather than trying to do too many things at once.
Using the phone example, once you’ve starting making phone calls, you begin to develop a momentum and a phone “script” and are more successful.
* Pay bills for the business all at once, even if they are not yet due. This keeps you from having to deal with or think about it later.
Sitting down and taking care of all of your business expenses whether it’s once a month or once every two weeks helps you to better focus on other areas of your business.
When you take care of little details all at one time, it frees your mind from being concerned or worried about having to do it all “later.”
This is a wonderful idea for events that repeat themselves on a frequent basis (like bill paying or email marketing) but that also need your complete attention to detail.
* Write articles or press releases all at the same time instead of spreading them out.
Write anything that is related to each other all in one episode or sitting as well. This saves you from having to think about it or deal with it when you are concentrating on other goals.
Tasks where this can be done is with:
- Writing press releases for new services from your business
- Writing thank-you notes to clients
- Communicating with referral sources in order to establish or build upon a relationship.
The bottom line is…
If you want to strike the optimal balance between time, quality of life and earnings, then you need to be an effective time manager and “chunking” is one tool that will help you accomplish that goal!
At Home Inspection Marketing Center, we teach our Members this skill and others that are necessary to get and keep their schedule full all year long, regardless of the condition of the real estate market!
So Don’t Delay, Get Signed Up Right Now!