Think online reputation management is only for the big dogs? You better think again!
According to eMarketer 83% of consumers declare that online reviews influence their opinions about a particular company, and 8 of 10 of these people added that a unfavorable entry on the internet has caused them to change their opinion. One negative review, whether true or untrue, can thwart all of your best efforts if you don’t have an online reputation strategy prepared. With that in mind, we would like to offer five strategies your home inspection business can use to monitor and improve your online reputation management.
- Monitoring your brand names – Listening what’s being said about you and your company is critical. There are lots of fantastic free tools to help in this regard. Take a look at Google Alerts, Hootsuite, and Social Mention among others.
- Claim all of your relevant social properties – Unused social media sites can be used by your competitors to pull you down, and spread negativity. Be sure you claim all social sites that matter for your brand.
- Dominate page one of Google for your brand name – One great way to ensure what people see and read about you whenever they Google you is to own all the virtual real estate! If all they find every time they Google you is great stuff about you and your brand, you’ll not be harmed by the random attack.
- Ask for customer reviews – Customer reviews aren’t just gonna magically appear; you need to actively court them. Make a point of asking your customers to write reviews, and do everything possible to make it easy for them: links to review sites, examples from other customers, etc. Of course, if you offer incentives, make it clear that you’re not attempting to bribe them or affect their review!
- Engage with your people – Interacting with those writing comments, Facebook posts and tweets is an excellent strategy to head off any damage from the get-go. Don’t engage in mud-slinging however, no matter how justified you feel! Thank them for their contribution to the discussion, and politely disagree, standing up for yourself. (If they’re not right, of course!)
Online reputation management is incredibly important today because customers can tweet, make a post or post video from wherever they happen to be.
We have developed a software app that will allow you to check your online reputation for FREE!
To get your free reputation report go to http://www.getmemorehomeinspectionsnow.com/reputation-marketing.
If you want to learn more about how we Market and Manage our home inspector clients Online Reputation visit Get Me More Home Inspections Now!